Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Coming Up, on "Dana Sucks at Calendars"... (Whole40, Day 29)

Well, tomorrow I will have completed another 30 days of Whole30-style eating. I'll still have 10 more days in this stretch but I think it'll feel nice to have another 30 under my belt.

I've noticed I'm a lot hungrier and a lot more "snacky" lately. It may have to do with running more, or it may have to do with not drinking enough water... or it may have to do with boredom. Who knows. This morning I ate a massive breakfast and brought extra food along for the day and evening (this commute between South San Jose and San Mateo is going to SUCK.) Over the long weekend I got a ton of things done, including buying more groceries and cooking up some lunches and dinners for this week (although I still have more cooking to do...I kept running out of time over the weekend!).

In the last five days, I have:

  • Closed Julius Caesar. My heart is heavy. I loved that show SO MUCH.
  • Washed massive amounts of laundry
  • Cleaned out, disinfected, and organized my show makeup kit
  • Washed all my makeup brushes (why do I have so many...?)
  • Cleaned out and organized my show backpack
  • Cleaned and polished my Dr. Martens (Sanborn park is so dusty and dirty they were like a cartoon)
  • Made chili and red pepper chicken for lunches and dinners this week
  • Struck props, cleaned the trailers, and hauled a ton of concessions items in my car as the Shakespeare troupe cleaned out of the home park for another fall/ winter
  • Kept up with my training program for 13.1 - on Sunday I ran 8 miles and yesterday I got over 10K steps even though it was a rest day!
  • Began tech rehearsals for the two-week remount of Love's Labour's Lost
And I was also cast in Matthew Briar and the Age of Resurrection (extremely limited one-weekend run in October, an incredible show I had the privilege of seeing in its first incarnation and which I am massively excited to join); and, I'll be returning in 2016 to A Christmas Carol with Northside. I'll be playing The Ghost of Christmas Past and a host of other characters I've never played before. I'm really, really excited about that. I've never worked with the director before but he seems truly awesome and fun, and his spin on the play is much ghostier and scarier, which I love.

I am truly happy and stoked to be involved in so many theatre things this summer/ fall/ winter. However, it means my schedule is chock full of nuts. It includes:

September:
  • Tech Week 2.0 for Love's Labour's Lost
  • Love's Labour's Lost performances (two weekends)
  • Rehearsals for Matthew Briar and the Age of Resurrection
  • Marching in the Saratoga Parade with Silicon Valley Shakespeare
  • Disneyland Paris Half Marathon (holy shit)
  • Star Wars Day (Giants Baseball Game)
October:
  • More rehearsals for Matthew Briar and the Age of Resurrection
  • Ashland Trip II (driving up with Jen and seeing the rest of OSF's magnificent season)
  • Walking the ArtsWalk 5K to benefit Silicon Valley Shakespeare
  • Matthew Briar and the Age of Resurrection performances (one weekend)
November:
  • Rehearsals for A Christmas Carol
  • Disneyland Superheroes Half Marathon (holy shit...again?)
  • Rehearsals for The Country House
  • I think Thanksgiving?
December:
  • More rehearsals for The Country House
  • A Christmas Carol performances (three weekends including a special matinee on Christmas Eve)
  • Hopefully a trip to see my dad in Portland
    • At this point I'm pretty sure my brain is going to be a fried pancake
  • Christmas?
  • ...New Year's Eve?
January:
  • More rehearsals for The Country House
  • Hot Chocolate 15K (seriously, Dana?)
  • Auditions for SVS's summer 2017 season
  • The Country House performances (four weekends)
*big flourish* AND A PARTRIDGE IN A PEEEEEAAAAARRR TREEEEEEEEEEE

No comments:

Post a Comment