Thursday, June 16, 2016

Best-Laid Plans... (Whole65, Day 35)

As of today I'm a Whole30 away from completing this Whole65. So...more than halfway there, with a span of time remaining that's completely doable.

My plans for the rest of the year are jam-packed with craziness. But, as my fitness goals are important to me, I want to make sure I hold myself accountable for them.

We had our first read-through for Julius Caesar last night, and I'm really excited about this production. Tonight, I'm back at the park for performance weekend #2 for Love's Labour's Lost.

Training stuff: because I am completely insane, I signed up for the Disneyland Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon. I did this primarily to qualify for the Castle to Chateau medal (since Ashley and I are running the Disneyland Paris Half Marathon in September) and also because I want to make sure I continue my running training, even though it seems like running is making my legs bigger instead of smaller (more on that in a bit.) SO! Having completed the Couch to 5K and the 5K to 10K apps, I begin training with the "13.1" (10K to Half) app next week. It's going to be twelve weeks of hell (I assume) and end about a week before I'm scheduled to run the Half in Paris. I didn't start training sooner because I've been in production for Shakespeare in the Park and shuttling between work, rehearsals, performances, etc. and eating all my meals out of Tupperware anyway. Now that Love's Labour's Lost is open and we've kickstarted rehearsals for Julius Caesar, I can better organize my work breaks during the day and run on the Coyote Creek trail behind my office. The 13.1 app includes rest days, run/ walk intervals, days of cross training (which I assume means lifting weights?...I have to look that up) and whatnot so it'll be a little better balanced than the other two, which was mainly about learning to run for 60 minutes straight without quitting or falling over dead.

Food Stuff: in 30 days I'll have completed the Whole65 (and it'll be my 32nd birthday...wow, time flies!). I have planned my WholeSomethings for the rest of the year around trips, holidays, etc:

  • time off: July 17th - August 9th (birthday, opening weekend of Julius Caesar, and a week at the Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta which I won at work - my first time in Mexico *and* my first all-inclusive!
  • Whole35: August 10th - September 13th
  • time off: September 14th - October 10th (Love's Labour's Lost closing, Disneyland Paris Half Marathon, Ashland Shakespeare Trip)
  • Whole30: October 11th - November 9th
  • time off: November 10th - November 15th (Disneyland Super Heroes Half Marathon)
  • WholeWeek (?Whole8?) November 16th - 23rd
  • time off: November 24th - 25th (Thanksgiving and Black Friday)
  • Whole28(?) November 26th - December 23rd
  • time off: December 24th - 31st (Christmas and New Year's)
The last two, I'm not entirely sure about timing. I don't like having a round 5 or 0 to end on, but the name of the game is mainly to be on-plan as much as possible while still allowing for time eating whatever. This would make my August - December a total of 101 days on plan. Combine that with the plans I'll have already completed (Whole65 plus a Whole50 and a Mostly50), and that would put me at 266 days on for 2016. This is troubling, since last year I was 300 days on. 

Perhaps, then, adding a Whole10 (July 20-29) between my birthday and JC's opening; extending the Whole35 to a Whole40 (August 9th - September 17th) and then keeping Thanksgiving on-plan (like I did in 2015) and turning the WholeWeek, planned time off, and Whole28 into a Whole40 (November 15th - December 24th).

That would look like this:

  • Whole10: July 20th - 29th
    • time off: Opening weekend of Julius Caesar & a week at HRH Vallarta
  • Whole40: August 9th - September 17th
    • time off: Love's Labour's Lost closing, Disneyland Paris Half Marathon, Ashland Trip
  • Whole30: October 11th - November 9th
    • time off: Disneyland Super Heroes Half Marathon
  • Whole40: November 15th - December 23rd
    • time off: Christmas and New Year's Eve
This would total 120 days on, which when combined with the 165 I'll have already completed put me at 285. This is still drawing back from last year, so it's not ideal; however, I have increased my exercise and this year has been show heavy and travel-heavy. I will see where my weight and fitness are at the end of the year, and plan accordingly for 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment