Tuesday, June 28, 2016

I Need Some Coffee Before I Black Out. (Whole65, Day 47)

I dutifully planned meals for this week, almost all of which involved the slow-cooker which meant I couldn't batch them. GOOD JOB, STUPID. >.< I think this means I need to buy two or three more slow cookers, and a house with a bigger kitchen.

On the plus side, using the slow-cooker (my second-favorite kitchen toy ever, coming in very closely after my ice-cream dasher which I now use so rarely) has saved me from using the oven in my un-air-conditioned apartment in this unbearable heat, which is nice.

Today's lunch is apricot chicken, and dinner is lemon-garlic chicken with green beans and red potatoes (both of which were cooked up slow.) I debated using the potatoes since I tend to lose more weight when I cut carbs, but in the end I went for it because I wanted to see if the recipe worked (and I only put a few potatoes in the container anyway.)

Love's Labour's Lost ended its San Jose run and has been packed away until September. I return to Julius Caesar rehearsals tonight and am having a good time with that one.

The half-marathon running training is going all right (I haven't missed a day yet.) Today's workout is 5 miles, which I'm hoping to do early (on an early lunch break) to beat the worst of the heat. Part of the program is "cross-training" (on Wednesdays) and I'm not 100% sure what that is aside from "exercise that isn't running." Last week I counted all the set schlepping and building as my cross-training, but tomorrow night I may just go to the gym and do the elliptical for a bit, then lift some light weights.

My legs have stopped getting leaner, which makes me sad. I've heard from a few people that running actually bulks up your legs, just from the way your muscles are used, and I don't like that at all. I know spot training for fat loss isn't a real thing, but I'm hoping that as I get better at running long distances (as opposed to sprinting) and building some lean muscles in my lower body (with the weight lifting) that I can slim them down a bit. I'm ok knowing I'll never be "thin" but I still have a lot of shape-changing I can do.

I figured out why my torso now looks ridiculously long compared to a few years ago: the widest part of my "hips" is now a place on the outer side of my thigh (several inches below the level of my actual hip bones). I believe ladies in the 90s called this area the "saddlebags." It's nothing massive but it sticks out and adds to the look of my wide legs. Hopefully the continued exercise and nutrition will improve that a bit.

A few articles of my running costume have arrived from Amazon, including a yellow sparkle skirt and a white "heatgear" running shirt. It's from Under Armour and was made for actual athletes, and I know this is going to sound ridiculous but I felt almost guilty buying it. But whatever, it looks nice on me and is supposed to help pull sweat off me when I'm running and hot, so I'm keeping it.

Is it my birthday yet? I would like some cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment