Monday, October 16, 2017

The Strapless Bra Conundrum (Whole30, Day 19)

I am feeling a little better today. My lunchtime run was 35 minutes, which felt too long for comfort but I was able to run (read: jog, and/ or fall forward swiftly) for the whole time, and I survived.

I wore the same offending running pants from my last post, but this time I wore simple solid-color underwear so as not to attract too much attention to my butt, which was already ...erm... conspicuous in the too-snug pants. But hey, I can't afford more pairs of running pants so I have to make do with what I have.

Today's lunch is this amazing Cajun chicken recipe, but with Brussels sprouts instead of potatoes. I've made it with potatoes before and it's super yummy, but my friend Jennifer recommended trying it with sprouts instead of starch and she was bang on - it's an awesome complementary veggie without the extra carbohydrates, and hopefully it'll serve me better in the weight-loss game.

Speaking of which, I've been pondering a post-weight loss issue and wondering if other ladies have experienced the same thing. I tend to lose weight much more easily from my top half than from my bottom half, so one of the first places I notice visible size changes is my chest/ boob area (while my thighs, butt, and lower belly are stubbornly slow to change). For this reason, I've gone from a 40G down to a 34D in the last few years. It's typically not a problem to find regular bras that fit (Wachoal is my favorite; super comfy and supportive and durable) but strapless bras? Forget it. I had to buy one this weekend for a dress I wore to an event on Sunday (and I'm wearing it again today under an off-the-shoulder shirt I've loved since college), and finding one that fit properly and felt like it was going to stay on, was a PROJECT. I think a big part of this is that my breasts aren't as "full" as they used to be. :-( Now they're still big, just...empty? Is that the word? They have no lift to them at all. They're...like...long. :-/ A strapless bra has to do ten times as much work just to keep them "afloat" without over-the-shoulder straps. I have grown accustomed to the idea that I have the stomach of a thousand-year-old crone, what with all the extra skin and wrinkles and stretch marks, but I was really hoping I could have age-appropriate boobs for most of my 30s. I'm 33, I shouldn't look like The Pale Man from El Laberinto when I get undressed.

...sorry if the above was TMI. Heh. But not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment