Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Ups and Downs (Whole75, Day 39)

I seriously thought I'd written another entry yesterday, but it's been over a week. Maybe I should schedule a weekly post or something just to keep me on my toes.

Work stress is about the same – lots of things going on, which on the one hand makes me feel secure that no matter how stressed out folks get, they won’t up and fire me, but on the other hand, there’s a lot of pressure and mounting to-dos. A coworker whom I’d really liked resigned the other day for personal reasons, which leaves our already small department with even more catch-up to do. On the plus side, I am writing a lot more, and growing ever more skilled in my interactions with high level clients who sometimes deserve a swift kick in the butt more than my patient assistance. For the most part people are pretty cool and I’m learning more about our products, destinations, and vendors each day. I’m seriously jonesing for a nice long vacation (weird, huh, since I stare at pictures of luxury hotels all day). Hopefully, early next year, I’ll be able to start traveling more in earnest. At any rate, we’re going to Disneyland in February and I’m excited about that.

A Christmas Carol is still chugging along. Tonight we’re blocking the final scene (the Fezziwig dance) and then the whole thing will be blocked and ready for cleaning. I’m off-book (having had the advantage of playing most of these roles last year) and watching with interest how things differ from last season. It’s a fun production and I think it’ll be a good one this year, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t miss last year’s cast.

Yesterday I completed the first of three Couch to 5K workouts for Week 4, and as you can imagine this is the most challenging setup yet. Running for 5 straight minutes a pop doesn’t sound like much, but it certainly feels like a lot. Yesterday was the first time since beginning this challenge that I actually had thoughts, while I was running, about whether or not I’d need to slow up and walk during a “jog” section. But, thankfully, I didn’t, and completed the workout (while breathing quite heavily and sweating in a most unladylike manner, because whatever, I’m awesome.)

Food is still going fine, just boring. Our cupboards are nearly bare (Panda’s in tech this week for Man of La Mancha and I’ve been going straight from work to rehearsals and not getting home until after 10), so this morning I discovered we were out of eggs and decided, well, tonight’s going to be a late night grocery run.

Which is going to seriously suck, but it’s necessary. Especially since Thanksgiving’s just around the corner and I can’t exactly make a dinner (let alone a Whole30-appropriate one) out of the 2 remaining dill pickles and leftover chicken drumsticks I have in my fridge.
That’s right, I’ll be making us a Whole30-friendly spread since I’m still on this thing for the long haul (but…as I’ve said about a thousand times…Christmas Eve will be my first day off and it’s going to RULE.) I’m thinking I should post my recipes on here of the things I make. Readership’s not so huge that social contract mandates it, but it’ll be a nice way for me to remember what I did to keep things both healthy and delicious during the holidays. And if people reading enjoy and take some recipes for themselves, so much the better! I get to feel helpful and famous. Win-win.

Today is a walking day (thank goodness), so I’m about to head out with my sunglasses and my audiobook and get some steps in. 40 days and counting at 10,000 steps or more – today will be Day 41.

There is a very real chance I will hit my steps goal for every day of this Whole75. I *just* realized I’m over halfway there, both in food and exercise. I do have a specific goal in mind I’d like to see on the scale on Day 76…but even if that number doesn’t come up, I will be very proud of myself for sticking to good habits for this long. It’s the longest I’ve ever gone being healthy. And that’s something to be proud of. *pats self on back*

No comments:

Post a Comment