Tuesday, March 7, 2017

I Love Food And I'm Not Sorry. (Whole50, Day 2)

Omigoodness. Our weeklong crazy whirlwind of a trip to Seattle for Filmapalooza 2017 was outstanding and fun and completely exhausting. I arrived home two evenings ago and I was WIPED OUT, and (to be completely honest) ready to start another wholesomething - a week of bingeing on delicious sugar and grains and cheese and booze was glorious, but left me feeling pretty icky and ready to clean up my belly again.

But I'm not sorry I did it. I enjoyed some amazing foods while on this trip. From pork cheek confit hash and eggs at Toulouse Petit, to spaghetti myzithra with lamb at Athina's, to the most incredible pho I've ever had at a hole-in-the-wall next to our hotel whose name escapes me, to crispy duck with Brussels sprouts at Pesos, to a massive burger and a Rubynator (half ruby red ale, half terminator stout) at McMenamin's (oh god how I've missed you McM), to pineapple cupcakes at our hotel, to breakfast macaroni and cheese with eggs at Serendipity. SO. MUCH. AMAZING. FOOD.

Seeing so many incredible, masterful short films over a few days was amazing, as was exploring the city of Seattle with friends (shout out to the best travel buddy in the world, my girl Jen!), and the group of us had a blast watching the winning shorts and supporting the movie we worked on, Stonewood. If you click the Filmapalooza link and scroll down past the video to the fourth photo, you'll see Jen and me along with our director, AD, and city producers. We're like so famous, you guys.

I'm back on track yesterday and today, for a 50-day program this time. This one ends in late April, in time for our first of two Ashland trips to OSF this year (yaaaayyyyyy, we're seeing their whole season again) so hopefully I'll kick some of this bloat and lose a few more pounds in the meantime.

I haven't worn my FitBit in AGES and I'm off my running training by a lot. However, I can't do the same running routine I've been doing (running the Coyote Creek Trail during the day at work), because I've been making it a habit to be more professional-looking (hair done, makeup done, etc) all day at work. And while I was able to shower post-run before, I can't exactly do my hair the way I'd like while I'm here. Explanation: for the past several weeks I have been foregoing the straightening iron in favor of encouraging my naturally-wavy hair to curl. Some days are more successful than others. But it requires a lot more time in the morning.

I just ordered an expensive (supposedly amazing) blow-dryer and diffuser today, so I'm excited to try that technique to save some time and hopefully improve the overall look.

Back to the grocery store tonight to stock up on things! Have I MENTIONED how much I love my Instant Pot? Because I do. It's awesome. My friend Melissa at work and I talked another guy in our department into buying one today, because that's how much we love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment