Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Auditions and Interviews (Whole30 Day Negative-32)

Soon it will be a mere month before my epic Whole30 Adventure. I am not nearly prepared.

I had a first-round job interview today (well...second-round if you count the phone interview.) In the past few weeks I've had several bites on my recent applications:

Job #1: Phone Interview (HR let me know they're moving on with other candidates, which was not unexpected - this was a bit of a pie-in-the-sky application anyway)
Job #2: Online screening and Q&A (ongoing)
Job #3: Phone Interview, In-Person Interview today (ongoing)
Job #4: Just got emailed today requesting a phone interview for Thursday morning

I've applied to several others but haven't heard anything yet. To be honest, I'm not altogether married to any of them. I'd like to keep working at Stanford, but full-time with benefits (I temp here now) but it wouldn't break my heart if something else came along, especially something closer to home (Northern California commutes are a gigantic buttpain.)

Had my first readthrough last night for my next theatre gig, in Gilroy (talk about a buttpain of a commute...) about which I'm actually really excited. The lead actress, a bit of a local legend, is a lady with whom I've worked a few times (and she confirmed the rumor that she did, in fact, request me for this gig, resulting in my offer...YAY NETWORKING). The company owner and director of the play, a very sweet man, is also playing a supporting role opposite me, which will be fun and hilarious.

Saturday I have a season audition for a Shakespeare company in Saratoga, which performs outdoors in the summers and with whom I've never been able to break the glass ceiling. I'm hoping that, since the artistic director came and saw me in A Christmas Carol this past weekend, I can wedge my foot in the door and start working with them in the summers. I like what they do and I have several friends who work with them year-round and love it. Again...yay networking. Especially in theatre.

Typically all of this audition, commuting, rehearsing and performing stresses me to the point where all I want to eat are those croissant breakfast sandwiches from 7-11 and gallons of Diet Coke. But I feel like I'm in a pretty good place lately. I definitely need to work out a reliable exercise schedule, but I'm cooking at home and brown-bagging my lunches and that helps A LOT in eating healthier. Mainly because if I don't eat what I packed I feel guilty, ha ha... I come from a long line of Irish Catholics and we know alllllllll about the guilt, lemme tell ya. "It runs in us blood". ;-)

So! Two more weeks of A Christmas Carol, and I will definitely miss this production when it's over (and I will be auditioning for it again next year; I've had a fabulous experience). Rehearsals are getting underway for Rose's Dilemma (Neil Simon in Gilroy) and auditions for A Comedy of Errors, Antony and Cleopatra, and Shakespeare in Hollywood (in Saratoga) are on Saturday.

Oh and I think Christmas is coming up or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment