Monday, December 8, 2014

Need More Coffee (Whole30 Day Negative-40)

A Christmas Carol opened this weekend and I'm really happy with how it went. We have three more weekends of performances before it gets packed up for next season. If I can, I'd like to audition for it again next year (the company performs it every December, and has done for about 36 years now).

I did, however, eat a lot of treats this weekend (including Chinese food last night...which was really yummy but left me with a nasty food hangover this morning.) I'm starting fresh today and will be grocery shopping (and batch-cooking) tonight, since I don't have a rehearsal or performance (I'm pretty sure it's my first evening off in more than 2 weeks!).

I'm sipping on some office coffee with Half&Half and Splenda. I prefer heavy cream in my coffee, but I don't have any here. Unfortunately both of those embellishments are out when doing a Whole30. Perhaps I should just find some really caffeinated tea for that month? I can drink unsweetened tea, no problem. Unsweetened coffee is a different story.

For this week's meals I'll be doing the many types of chicken I noted in a previous post, plus roasted jalapenos, a chuck roast, and a couple other meals and snacks for the week. There's a nice kind of comfort with having a stocked pantry and fridge and knowing we have plenty to eat. It's easy to forget how good I have it and take things for granted. Really, I'm fortunate to always have enough food. Now I just have to make sure I'm eating healthfully and not wasting this good fortune!

No comments:

Post a Comment