Thursday, August 11, 2016

Throwback Thursday (Whole40, Day 3)

I averaged a twelve-minute mile today, running 6 miles in one hour, twelve minutes, and three seconds. I'm pretty proud of that. 

I went back and checked to see what day I'd started the Couch to 5K. It was October 17, 2015. ...and actually I started a while before that, since I went through multiple attempts to complete that first workout and it took me some time. When I wrote that post I never, ever would have thought I could have run six miles all at once.

The Whole40's going fine so far, although I'm probably overdoing it on coconut water today since I feel so drained and sluggy after my run.

Thank. Goodness. They have showers at my work.

My friend Elizabeth and I have started sending each other awkward workout selfies every day. I don't want to brag too much, but I'm pretty sure I'm winning the awkward photo contest.

Trying (failing) to get a decent angle on the FuelBelt

This one's my favorite (from last night's elliptical workout - I call this outfit "The Purpling")

This one was from today:
SO GLAMOROUS
The longer runs along the Coyote Creek Trail do make for some nice views, though:
Helps distract me from the fact that I'm running
The awkward selfie daily tradition is also helping me get off my ass and continue the workouts and training. Added accountability, I guess. Along with an opportunity to be silly. That always helps.

It feels good to be back on track.





No comments:

Post a Comment