Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Insane-ness (Whole70, Day 25)

Everything's flying around and on fire but I'm trying to stay centered. Having control over food is helping a little. This new FitBit thing is also encouraging, buzzing to remind me to get up and walk (which clears my head) every hour.

It took a little while to start to see weirdness in my skin, but I think after about 14-15 days was when I really noticed it changing. It's not super dry yet but it's different...the texture went from regular bad skin, to sandpaper-gross skin, to now just...I don't know how to describe it except "gross purging skin." Sorry if that's too much information.

My lips are the only thing that are really dry, but thankfully I haven't had peeling or cracking to any serious degree because I have been religious about applying lip balm.

My dermatologist introduced me to tinted sunscreen, which is THE BEST EVER. Even driving the 20 minutes to work in the morning, without sunscreen, now earns me a bright pink burn on my face and neck. Ugh.

In other (food) news, I bought groceries last night (but it was too hot to cook), and tonight I'll be batching:

  • Cottage pie with mashed cauliflower (this one's in regular rotation; super yummy and the recipe makes a ton)
  • Bacon (for breakfasts, and in order to reserve the grease for other cooking)
  • Chicken and Brussels sprouts
  • Braised kale and carrots
  • Roasted carrots with curry spices (I have a lot of carrots to get through)
  • ..................I can't remember the other thing but I bought supplies for at least one other thing.
I've also been trying to eat sauerkraut on a regular basis (not a ton of it, just a bit) in order to get the probiotic benefits. I'd been taking probiotic supplements on my doctor's advice, but they're expensive and pretty much everything I read says food sources are much more effective. So we shall see. No yogurt on Whole70 but in the past that has helped too, so maybe when I'm off-plan I'll incorporate some yogurt and see how I feel.

So much going on. I could really use some of that legendary energy and vim and vigor that people talk about on these things. >.< Grrr...

No comments:

Post a Comment