Tuesday, June 23, 2015

"Why, What an Intricate Impeach is This" (Whole50, Day 36)

The last few nights have been pretty rough. I've been revisited by some of the stupidly frustrating insomnia I haven't had in a long time. I'm not sure what I've done to trigger it (lately even when I've been stressed out it hasn't affected my sleep this much.) Likely caffeine. I drink a lot of coffee and tea. But then who knows.

I'm sad that we only have one more weekend of Comedy of Errors. I really like the people I'm working with, I like performing outside, I like that company in general. I'll definitely audition for their season next year.

We had our first read thru for The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee last night in Gilroy, and it was fun. I think the show's going to be good as well as well-received (this company has a loyal audience and this is their 50th production, so I get the feeling the vibe will be good in general.) It'll be nice to perform in a musical again. I haven't done that in a really long time.

Steps have been erratic. I always get them in on show weekends, likely from schlepping set pieces up and down that damn hill. I have tonight off and may go for a walk or a hike or something. Maybe that'll help me sleep better tonight, too.

This morning I sat on the couch to lace up my shoes and my smaller cat climbed into my lap and laid down purring. That cheered me up a little. ...although it also made me consider blowing off work to sit at home with the cat, haha.

Food-wise has been boring and routine - the cupboards are pretty bare as this weekend AGAIN I neglected to stock up and batch cook. Maybe tonight my walk will be to the grocery store and back.

I'm really excited to go camping with friends over 4th of July weekend. It seriously can't come soon enough. Oh and I start the new gig on Monday.

Channeling that Tom Hanks movie today in the hopes of reaching my specific Whole50 goal. Also: "Oh there he goes, off to write that hit song, 'Alone In My Principles'. " Heh.

Happy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment