Wednesday, December 23, 2015

It's Almost Over (Whole75, Day 75)

I made cookie dough for my grandma's Christmas cookies today. I think it's the first time I've made cookie dough and not licked the batter, once. It's strange. Tonight or tomorrow I'll bake them, then frost them and put the sprinkles on.

I also didn't eat any cookies (or drink any cocktails) at the Cookies & Cocktails party we attended last night. Also strange. Food is an even more political thing than I'd thought.

Shortening, white flour, sugar, etc..... most definitely not Whole30-friendly. But quite Christmasy.

It was kind of nice only having to work for a few hours today! I mailed off my final package (to my aunt), got some chores done, and I'll go for a run in the park in a little while.

Tomorrow I have a Christmas Carol matinee, then we have the whole day off for Christmas! Also tomorrow: weights and measures. Fingers are crossed that some serious progress was made. Please, please.

Regardless: it'll be nice to indulge in some sugar and booze to celebrate the holiday. I'm trying very hard not to make myself sick with worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment