Monday, December 28, 2015

The New Year is Almost Here

It's had its ups, and its downs. I'm ready to bid 2015 adieu. Just a few more days until 2016 begins!

Also, happy Man Bun Monday, Jen! ;-)
Closing A Christmas Carol was bittersweet for me. While I really did miss everyone from the 2014 cast, and I can't match the magic or the melancholy from last year, the 2015 production was really fun and wonderful. I loved playing the Ghost of Christmas Present, and I loved making some new friends. I hope they'll have me back next year.

Sigh. I love this set.
I wish we had the production photos, but alas we probably won't see them until they start marketing for next Christmas.
I've eaten. So. Much. Junk. These last few days. I'm actually looking forward to eating healthfully again, so I won't feel like such a fat slug. Don't get me wrong, the holiday food is delicious and I enjoy it (and I feel like I definitely earned it!) but yeah. Definitely food hangover-y.

I need to re-evaluate my goals for the next WholeSomething. Since I didn't meet my goal for the Whole75 (25 lbs) it would be odd to anticipate meeting my next goal for Whole50 (an additional 5 lbs, which subtracting the 11 lbs I actually lost would mean losing 19 lbs in 50 days. For a normal person this may sound plausible, but for me it's pretty ridiculous.) I still can't believe I only lost 11 lbs after all that. I very much hope that was 11 lbs of PURE UNADULTERATED FAT, and that it's never coming back. Ever.

Stupid dumb numbers. Bah humbug. :-(

Anyway, I ran my very first 5K the day after Christmas! I posted about it on Facebook, and to my surprise it got WAY MORE ATTENTION than the fact that I'd lost over 100 lbs. I don't know if the way things display on FB (not chronological, not quite logical) had anything to do with it, or if people are just more excited about The Color Run than a big weight loss milestone, but people were very encouraging and kind and seemed to like my big dorky smile wearing my medal.

I ran the whole thing! Not very fast, but I ran!
I downloaded the companion app, 5K to 10K, to my phone and will begin training with that soon. If nothing else, and even if I don't end up able to run an entire 10K, it'll be better for weight loss than just doing NOTHING.

Also I'm considering imposing additional food restrictions (nothing crazy!!) on this next WholeSomething. Like, avoiding white potatoes and sweet potatoes, limiting fruit to just at breakfast...basically lowering my overall sugar intake, not because those foods are unhealthy but because I tend to lose more weight when I avoid starches and extra sugar. I was able to lose (...some) weight while eating starchy vegetables and sugary fruits, so perhaps it'll accelerate it a bit more if I focus on vegetables with lower overall carbohydrates, and am more choosy with fruits. 

Meat I'm fine with. I'm great with eating meat. Hooray for chicken and beef and such.

Oh and ham. SO MUCH HAM this Christmas. Of course the way it's prepared, it's probably loaded with sugar, but yeah...we had a lot of ham. Heh. I think I'll be ok sticking to chicken for a couple of months.

What else. I'm not sure what else, but when I think of it I'll let you know. Technically the Whole50 will begin on January 1st but I'm hoping to get back on track with clean eating early, this week, so I'm not falling over in a food coma on Day One.

No comments:

Post a Comment