Monday, December 21, 2015

The Power of Three (Whole75, Day 73)

Three more days. (Including today.)

And today I ran (jogged) for thirty straight minutes. I just need to do that two more times (Wednesday and Friday, which is actually Christmas, but that's ok) and I will have completed the Couch to 5K program. Then, the day after Christmas, I'll actually run my first 5K (a "virtual 5K" with some friends.)

I'm also hoping to be in triple digits in terms of weight loss when I check on the morning of the 24th. Here's hoping. The goal for this Whole75 was to reach a 115-lb loss. I think learning to run has absolutely, positively helped with the weight loss.

I wore the next-size-smaller jeans this weekend. They are 12 sizes smaller than my old (starting weight) jeans. And they fit and are comfortable, even though they're snug around my butt and thighs (the next size up is really baggy...I don't know why there's not a size in between the two but I'm trying to be braver and more positive about wearing clothes that actually fit.)

With the accelerated weight loss over the last couple of months, my skin has become more ...of an issue. I'll be keeping an eye on it and considering my options in the coming year (although hopefully it'll catch up with the weight loss and save me a huge surgery bill).

And on Saturday I got remeasured for a bra. I've gone down another band size and *almost* another cup size.

Part of me is excited to see my results in weight and measurements on the 24th. But most of me is terrified. And the rest of me is desperately craving chocolate, hot wings and a massive cocktail.

Did I mention I ran for 30 minutes today? It was torture but I'm pretty proud of myself.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!

    Yeah... give your skin time to catch up to your weight loss before looking into surgery. You are still young... it may tighten up.

    ReplyDelete