Thursday, March 31, 2016

Remembering to Breathe (Whole50, Day 23)

This whole week my office has been without Internet access (since late last Wednesday, actually). It's so weird to realize how much I relied on checking facts and content on the web. Urgh. Anyway I'm working this afternoon from home, so I can check the Internet and (finally) update my blog on a break like this one.

I came home early to work remotely yesterday, too; this gave me a chance to get my afternoon run in. So far I'm on track this week (it's week 7 of 9.) Tomorrow I'll do a 55-minute run (the longest I've done yet!)

Previously, the 50-minute run (last week) was the longest, but the stupid GPS on my dumb phone was acting up so it told me I ran 0.09 miles in 50 minutes. With an average speed of 12 minutes per mile. Which...which even with...that math is just creative. ._o Anyway it was disappointing not to have a reading of how far I was able to get (or an accurate idea of my speed) but I am glad I was able to keep moving for 50 whole minutes (remember, a year ago I couldn't run for 30 seconds straight!). The exertion itself is hard enough, but the breathing is what I need to work on (especially since I'm pretty sure I sound like a dying walrus to the people around me...hence, listening to loud music while I run, haha).

Food has been fine, just boring. A lot of breakfast foods, and a lot more potatoes than usual (mostly sweet potatoes, since they're easy.) I'm thinking this could infringe on weight loss, so after I've finished the last of what's left in the fridge I'll ease off on the carbohydrates and try to focus all my energy on meat, vegetables, and just some fruit, not as much as I have been doing (and also lower on the glycemic index) just to be on the safe side.

I really, really, really want to see some more pounds lost before we head to Ashland at the end of April.

In Love's Labour's Lost, my character is being designed after Posh Spice (Victoria Beckham), which makes me nervous because she wore a lot of miniskirts and spaghetti straps. Our costumer is an artist with whom I've worked before, and she's amazing...but I still want to get in a space where I'm not terrified of whatever costumes I'm assigned.

I straightened my hair today for the first time in years, and parted it in the center which I haven't done since middle school, to see how it'd look in a Posh Spice style. Geez, it's longer than I thought. I'll likely have to cut it shorter (just above my shoulders) to get the desired look, but I kind of like the change. I got some fun feedback on it today at work; people seemed shocked that I was wearing it down. Usually it's just tied up out of the way in a clip or something.

I guess that's it for now. Back to working from home. Everyone cross your fingers our office has Internet again tomorrow...I can't even imagine how expensive it is for the people at the top to have so many offices crippled by this outage.

No comments:

Post a Comment