Saturday, April 2, 2016

Milestones (Whole50, Day 25)

Today marks the halfway point of this Whole50. I ate a gigantic breakfast of eggs, avocado, sweet potatoes and chicken sausage. Then, I ran a bunch of errands which included heading to the discount store by my house to grab a couple of skirts for work, since the ones I have no longer fit.

While there, I also found two dresses on clearance that I very much liked, so I bought them.

I love the color on this one

I thought this one was very summery and cute
The one on top (long, darker blue) is Calvin Klein. I don't think I've ever owned any clothing by a "designer" designer. It must be several seasons behind, seeing as how it's on deep discount at Ross Dress for Less, but it's still kind of cool. And even if it wasn't a name-brand dress, it's still very pretty and comfortable and I liked it right away. 

The one on bottom (shorter, teal and white stripes) is actually the first one that caught my eye. It has pockets, too! And the fabric is a good weight and I like the shape of it. 

It's a size 12. And it zipped up just fine, no issue, with even a little extra wiggle room around my torso. 

I don't remember if the largest dress I bought was a 26 or a 28 (it may have been one of those in-between "26/28" ones), but it was somewhere in that range. It feels like a big accomplishment to go from that to a 12. 

At my smallest in college, I was a size 10 in jeans and skirts (and, I assume, dresses, although I don't remember.) I feel like that's a good goal size, although looking at my relative "extra" pudge and skin now, I imagine I'll want to keep working until I'm an 8/10 or possibly something else. I feel like the goal continues to evolve throughout this process. 

In addition to the size-12 dress, I reached another milestone today: I finished week 7 of my 5K to 10K training, and ran for a complete 55 minutes today. The app on my phone says I ran 4.67 miles, at an average running page of 11:46 per mile. 

The basic goal I have for running is between 11 and 12 minutes per mile, so that was right on the money. And I'm going mainly by time spent running rather than speed or distance. So, I'm very pleased with myself. Next week will be building up to a full 60-minute run, and I will have accomplished running for a full hour, something I've never done in my life. It might not sound like anything at all to experienced runners, but for me, it's tantamount to climbing Everest.

The 9th and final week of training is a "recovery week," which means shorter runs, which is a little strange. But, I'll still complete it, log the 5K to 10K as complete, and begin the even greater challenge: 10K to Half Marathon. Gotta get trained up for September (gulp.)

For now, I'm going to drink about a gallon of cold water (it was WARM in the park for that 55-minute run) and choose which new dress I'm going to wear for the house managing gig tonight.

Happy Saturday, and happy April.

1 comment: