Friday, February 13, 2015

Encouraging Comments (Whole30, Day 27)

Is it much farther, Papa Smurf?
Not far now. . .

President Obama's on campus today so everyone's anticipating traffic turmoil. I'm hoping by midafternoon when I have to head to Gilroy (from Stanford...already a bitch of a commute without the added drama of a celebrity in town) things have calmed down a bit. Friday commutes are always worse than earlier in the week for some reason.

It's closing weekend of Rose's Dilemma!

After that I have a couple of months of evenings off (with the exception of learning/ rehearsing music for a summer one-night concert, hereafter detailed), and then I'll be performing in The Comedy of Errors (Shakespeare San Jose) in May and June, The Genius of Leonard Bernstein (one-night event, SBMT Saratoga, early June) and The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee in August/ September (Pintello, in Gilroy).

The Gilroy commute won't be nearly as bad at that point, since in a little over a week I'm starting my new day job in South San Jose.

My skin is still...the same skin. :-( I'm drinking more water in the hopes that I can at least have some dramatic "after" photos, but it doesn't look like this way of eating has changed my skin or improved my acne. Which is very disappointing, but hey, I didn't expect everything to work out perfectly.

Several coworkers have commented that I've lost weight, however. I very much hope this is true. I haven't really noticed a change, although I can get my smaller jeans on (I bought a size down, on sale, in the hopes that I'd eventually be able to wear them when I lost enough weight.) They now go all the way up, and over my butt, but they don't button yet. Previously they couldn't get all the way up my legs! So, I can't wear them yet, but that's something. On Day 31 (or really, Day +1 as I plan on having a glass of wine to celebrate the 30 days of clean eating), I'll weigh myself and see what the numbers are. I should have measured myself beforehand, too. Whoops.

If nothing else, I know that eating meat and vegetables and fruit (and eschewing alcohol, sugar, grains and even dairy) is possible and sustainable. I could absolutely do another Whole30, and I likely will. I have a lot of weight to lose and a lot of health to recover. :-)

Today's lunch! The sausage is, miraculously, Whole30-Compliant. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment