Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Setbacks, Home Stretch and One Major Relief (Whole30 Day 24)

Hmm. I'm thinking for my next Whole30, if there is one, I should figure a way to update each day. Even something small like "today I figured out you can have kombucha, so I had two" or "why the fuck hasn't my skin cleared up yet."

Both of which occurred to me yesterday, when I probably should have updated.

My skin, which I was using as a barometer for how this whole thing was going, is still very oily and plagued by clogged pores, blemishes, and general nastiness. So, I'm thinking I should contact a dermatologist and get on a system that actually works. If not a prescription ($$$$) then at least a simply daily system with ingredients that work. I'm 30, I hate having the skin of a hormonal 15 year old. :-(

Last weekend I got sick, and being sick while on Whole30 was freaking awful. Not only was I unable to have cough syrup or cough drops to soothe my sore (and later mind-shreddingly frustratingly itchy) throat, but I felt like any wellness benefits from this way of eating were completely eliminated by the bastard virus that took over my system for a few days. That, coupled with the stress of a job hunt, was just...unhealthy. And led to several food-related dreams, last night's being pretzels and other crunchy salty snacks. Sigh.

One good thing: The job hunt is over. I was offered and accepted a temp-to-hire position at an agency where I've worked before, in San Jose (making commutes via home and theatre much more manageable). The temp salary is higher than what I'm making now, and I assume will improve upon fulltime hire in about six-eighteen months, in addition to the benefits which will be awesome (just getting off of CoveredCA will be awesome, too.) Last day at Stanford is 2/20, first day (back) at Classic Vacations is 2/23. It's not big money and it's not immediately perm, but it's a good deal. And it's doable. I'll settle for doable right now.

Only a few days left of the Whole30 and I very much hope to have lost (at least) 20 lbs by the time I weigh in on Day 31. (Day +1?). Cross your fingers for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment