Friday, August 28, 2015

It's All in the Eyes (Whole40, Day 6)

This week went by entirely too fast, haha...a lot went on despite having no rehearsals. We're back to performing tonight and have our first matinee this Sunday (I like matinees in general but in this theatre it can get pretty stuffy and hot, so let's hope for cooler temperatures, please!)

This morning I returned to my eye doctor for the first time in...man, I don't even know how long. Now that I have proper insurance again (thank cats), I'm scheduling myself to see my opthamologist, a (new) regular doctor and OB/Gyn, my dentist (whom I love but who is going to HATE ME because it's been probably 2 years since I've had my teeth cleaned...sigh).

The first appointment was today, and it was really good to see Dr. Folkers again. He's been my eye doctor since I was a kid (he's my mom's, too). He's about seven feet tall and skinny as a rail, makes "dad jokes" and is generally just a great doctor. My eye prescription hasn't changed since last time, but we agreed the best way to use my new insurance was to have my covered "lenses" be my new eyeglasses, and for me to save up and purchase contacts from a cheaper source like Costco or something as a backup.

So...I'm getting new glasses! The last time I got glasses was back in Portland in the late oughties. I loved those frames so much...but alas, when I moved back to California they somehow got lost in the shuffle and it broke my little heart. I've been wearing contact lenses ever since.
2008?...2007? I can't remember. Sigh...such cute glasses. Too-bright flash.
I'm hoping my new ones (similar shape, black plastic) will look just as nice. I'm a firm believer in the "the second I get a new one the lost one will turn up" paradox, so...part of me looks forward to seeing the old ones again as soon as the doctor calls to let me know the new ones are in. --from Portland, no less!

No comments:

Post a Comment