Friday, August 21, 2015

Opening Night! (Whole40, Day -2)

While I admit it's been nice to enjoy a few M&Ms and a glass of almond Champagne (ohmygod that stuff is so yummy) for the last couple of days, I have to say it's made me pretty paranoid about my costume for Spelling Bee. My friend Liz (who is both taller and slimmer than myself) loaned me a beautiful Ralph Lauren dress to wear, and even with Spanx and tights underneath I feel like every pudge and roll is on full display.

Still, I'm excited to get this show in front of an official audience. We previewed last night (tradition at this company is that the cast and crew of the previous show, becomes the preview audience; this means that we'll be the preview audience of their next show in the fall) and people seemed to really like us. The one big hiccup was that at the top of the show, on my entrance, the spotlight came on and immediately popped out (I guess the bulb was on its last legs anyway). So the first little moment was in the dark, but it wasn't a big deal. ...a slightly different hiccup was that the stage had been painted earlier in the day and was still kind of tacky, so I spent the first few minutes of the show thinking I'd either stepped in something, or melted my character shoes in this damn heat.

The film I acted in earlier this month, for the 48 Hour Film Festival, also premiered last night. A friend who saw it texted that I'd done well, which felt pretty good! I wish I could see the finished product. Soon, I hope.

Also: it's finally Friday! Hooray!! Next week I have my evenings off before Evita rehearsals get under way, DOUBLE HOORAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment