Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The Gift (Whole40, Day 4)

A few friends and Panda and I went to $5 movie night at the Drive-In last night and saw "The Gift". It was better than I'd anticipated, but still super creepy. Not everyone liked it as much as I did (or at all), and I could understand that. It's a bit...much in the creep department.

Also it's hard to see Jason Bateman playing someone not particularly likeable. Several references were made (by us) about how there's always money in the banana stand.

Whole40 is going ok. There have been temptations...my friend Vanessa bought a big box of cookies to share at the Drive-In and I could probably have eaten the whole box. And I find I miss unwinding with a drink (I never thought I drank that much...who would have thought wine and liquor would be something I missed more than bread and cookies?

Well, most cookies. Brownies might be at the top of my list. Geez, keep it together, Dana.

Sunday and Monday I got all my steps in, last night I got about half. Tonight I'm going to get all of them and hopefully some more. Panda's been walking with me, which is nice. He's still considering doing a Whole30 (starting on my Day 11), but I don't know how much research he's done yet. I'm trading my friend back for It Starts With Food tonight so he can read that, but I've also recommended the website to him 40 or 50 times so hopefully he gives it a look. :-)

I made a Travel Wish List for myself, of places I want to see and things I want to do. I feel like I'll never save enough money to do it all, but I'm working on it.

Fun travel coming up includes Portland in October, Vegas right afterwards, and Disneyland in February. After that, who knows. I'm hoping Panda and I can schedule a big trip in June, somewhere beachy and all-inclusive with a swim up bar.

Just keep swimming. And walking. And penny-pinching.

2 comments:

  1. And then there was my reaction when Vanessa offered me my favorite movie snack Red Vines. It was hard, but I resisted. I am so trying to be good. Enough putting it off until tomorrow. Seeing how much you have changed is inspiring.

    I enjoyed the movie... it had me is suspense. It was fun to watch at the drive in where we can actually talk to each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :-) And yes, we should go to the Drive In more often.

      Delete