Sunday, August 23, 2015

Off to the Races (Whole40, Day 1)

Opening weekend is complete for Spelling Bee, and it went well. Last night was the best I've felt about a run as Rona, and I'm very happy to have had awesome friends in the audience on Friday and Saturday. I received some very much appreciated positive feedback. One good friend in particular nearly brought me to tears last night. It was a good night.

This morning I weighed in (after sleeping in) and was happy to see I had only gained back a couple of pounds on my days off.

The weight loss goal for this Whole40 (remember...this one is bifaceted with the Whole-eating plan and daily exercise) is 15 lbs. I figure it's ambitious without being ridiculous.

I planned out the rest of my year as well - this Whol40 will end before my trip to Oregon for my stepbrother's wedding and my Vegas trip with Panda. The day after we return, I've signed up for the ArtsWalk 5K again so that'll be Day One of my longest WholeSomething, a Whole75 which will end right before Christmas.

Then in 2016 I'd like to do a Whole100. Not during our Disney trip, obviously ;-) But perhaps upon our return! I'll figure something out.

Panda has expressed an interest in doing a Whole30 with me, which makes me happy and proud.

Exercise plan:

Sunday: 60 minutes of cardio (walking, jogging, elliptical machine, etc)
Monday: 30 minutes of cardio, 30 minutes of weight lifting (upper body 1 week, lower body the next)
Tuesday: 60 minutes of cardio
Wednesday: 30 minutes of cardio, 30 minutes of weight lifting (lower body 1 week, upper body the next)
Thursday: 60 minutes of cardio
Friday: 30 minutes of cardio, 30 minutes of weight lifting (upper body 1 week, lower body the next)
Saturday: 30-60 minutes of light cardio, like walking (less intense than the rest of the week)

And we're off!

No comments:

Post a Comment