Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Frustrated. (Whole40, Day 24)

Excuses and things keep coming up. And it’s pissing me off.

I don’t have the boundless energy described by so many Whole30ers and I don’t know why. I’m eating more vegetables now than I ever have. I eat a piece of fruit when I want something sweet. I drink tons of water, and plain tea or coffee if I want caffeine.
It has to be that I’m not exercising enough (or, some days, at all…which makes me angry at myself too.) But how can I get up in the morning to exercise if I feel like my body’s full of sand in the morning? I mean I seriously have to drag myself out of bed just to get into the shower, and I’ve skimmed every last second off my morning routine so I can shower-dry-sunscreen-clothing-hair-breakfast-out the door in as little time as possible, just to get a few more precious moments of sleep.

Ugh.

Panda and I joined some friends at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom over the weekend (we didn’t have a Sunday matinee) and it was pretty fun, but way too sunny. Not unbearably hot, just a lot of sunshine and my skin and I do not like that. I reapplied my sunblock every 40 minutes or so out of sheer paranoia, but at the end of the day I was still feeling pretty woozy and itchy. Luckily I didn’t break out in hives (that’s only happened a couple of times, and it’s seriously THE WORST.)  It’s worse than when I burn, which is frequent. I like having light skin and dark hair, but I don’t have a lot of natural protection against evil ultraviolet light. Sigh.

The rides were pretty fun. I hadn’t been to that park in ages…not since it was Marine World. The roller coasters are my favorite, and I am happy to say I didn’t have any issues getting buckled into anything.

That’s only happened once, but it was really embarrassing and I really never want it to happen again. We were in Las Vegas at the top of the Stratosphere, and I wanted to ride one of those ridiculously high crazy coaster things they have. I got in and couldn’t buckle the harness, no matter how I tried (and I feel like there were dudes riding who were much bigger than I was…how did they get it fastened?) but after a few minutes I was just like “fuck it,” and left, and didn’t tell anyone about it (none of my friends had come with me to ride. But when I came back to the observation deck so quickly, and probably looked all froggy-eyed, I assume they figured out what happened.)

That sucked. So, I’m glad that didn’t happen at Six Flags, and we had a fun time.

The AC in my car is fixed, so now of course the weather is much nicer and cool and breezy. I’m thinking I should get her washed, so California can finally get some freakin’ rain.

Between my head weighing 600 lbs when I first wake up in the morning, working, commuting, cooking/ eating, and assisting with Evita rehearsals in the evening, I feel like I have to choose between exercise and sleep.

I love sleep. And sleep is important. But fucking hell, nothing is going to happen with my weight if I don’t exercise.


Maybe a late-night thing? Maybe. I’ll find a way.

1 comment:

  1. Dana, I work out in the mornings and I also LOVE sleep and refuse to sacrifice any of it. The key to working out in the morning is not shaving minutes off your morning routine or giving up total sleep hours. It's the NIGHT BEFORE. Every successful morning-worker-outer knows you get your ass to bed at 9:30pm in order to wake up at 5am (or however many hours you personally need). The sacrifice is in the PM. You plan your evening routine around your next morning workouts and do not deviate. When you must make an exception, you skip that workout in favor of a full night's sleep. That's what I do anyway... 7 hours is my absolute minimum requirement, but I aim for 8 always. No way around this one... start backing shit up at night and you can make the mornings work, I promise.

    ReplyDelete