Friday, September 25, 2015

One More Week. (Whole40, Day 34)

It's been a strange set of days. I'm sad that Spelling Bee has ended...it was a fun show and I wish every weekend could have felt as strong as the first couple (my voice was shot to hell on the penultimate performance and I felt horribly guilty, since I had friends in the audience...it recovered a little by closing night, but was nowhere near as strong as it had been.) Rona was a fun role to play, and I love my castmates. I cried a fair amount the night we closed.

I was also gifted three bottles of booze, which of course I couldn't drink (but I will do, soon enough...). One of Fortino's almond-scented Champagne, my very favorite, and two bottles of Vino de Mocca from the producer, who was just so happy to meet someone else who liked it (it's a really dark red, and it's not for everyone but if you like wine, chocolate and coffee you'll flip your lid.) All 3 will be joining me in Las Vegas in just over...holy cats just over a week now! Panda and I will be there from the 5th through the 9th, eating and drinking ourselves silly. Before that, I'll enjoy a beer and a burger in Portland for my stepbrother's wedding.

For now, things have been picking up at work. I'm doing a lot more writing, which I like, and also a lot more proofing, organizing, and downloading, which...well...it's still better than a lot of jobs I've had!

Rehearsals for Evita are ongoing. I don't think I have too much of an impact on the show itself, and that's all right with me. I'm happy to help my friend (who is directing) take down notes and rehearse language/ dialects/ etc. Occasionally I'll voice an idea to fix a problem...occasionally he'll take it. Sometimes he'll ignore it. He knows what he's doing...and directors are weird anyways.

Oh also, by some crazy chance I was nominated for an acting award for that short film I did. I got to go to their Best-Of screening and see a bunch of the nominated films, and visit with a few friends. No one else from my film came, save the writer/DP's mom, who also had a cameo in the film. We had fun chatting and even though I didn't take home the Best Actress award, I'm still really glad I went.

I also got interviewed on the red carpet...watching myself on the Internet after it was published made me realize two things:

  1. I've lost some weight since the last time I was filmed.
  2. WTF is wrong with my face and why can't I just look normal when I talk?
I don't know if I've mentioned this, but Panda is working on his own WholeSomething, a Whole20 to be exact. He started on my Day 11 so we could finish on the same day (and then eat and drink ourselves stupid whilst on vacation the following week.) He's handling it really well and I'm curious to see if he'll try a new one once we get back. 

Me, I'm planning on starting my biggest WholeSomething yet, a Whole75, the day after we return. 

. . . that's also the day of the ArtsWalk5K, so I can feel extra fit and grown-up. And get a jump start on the 50 lbs I'll have gained on vacation, hahaha......

No comments:

Post a Comment