Friday, September 18, 2015

Mishmosh (Whole40, Day 27)

I've been doing some more cooking. It's comforting both for the food value (tasty and healthy) and the emotional value (I feel like I'm nourishing/ healing/ being nice to myself.)

Today I brought an extra-big lunch, since it's a long day:
Photo taken right before I stuffed all this into my face.
What you see there is chocolate chili, Melissa Joulwan's recipe to be exact (with added avocado for extra awesomeness) and spicy tuna cakes with lemon wedges a la Nom Nom Paleo.

It's nice, I can eat at my desk like I usually do, and it saves me a bunch of money. Plus I feel all grown up and self-sufficient, which is always a boost.

Two more performances of Spelling Bee. Tonight and tomorrow night. It's always bittersweet when a show closes, but this one's a particularly sad ending. I've really loved playing Rona and this cast is so awesome. No drama, everyone's supportive and nice and so frickin' funny...my heart hurts to see it finish.

I entered a contest at work today to win a trip to Costa Rica (well...a hotel stay in Costa Rica...I'm pretty sure I'd still have to figure out my own airfare and transfer.) I don't find out until Monday, but keep your fingers crossed for me! I want to put my newly renewed passport to good use.

I don't feel like I've gotten any smaller in the last 27 days. Jeans feel the same all the way around. Energy still sucks.

This has just been kind of a dumb week, I guess. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment