Friday, January 1, 2016

Beginning Anew, Again (Whole50, Day One)

Today has been a strange mix of feelings. I think a lot of it has to do with sugar withdrawal, since I did end up eating quite a lot of junk food over the holiday. It was delicious, and I loved it, but I kind of knew I was setting myself up for a rough couple of first days.

We went to a friend's house tonight, and saw a few people that I know. It was really nice to catch up with them, but I ended up leaving feeling as though everyone in the room hated me and I couldn't stop saying stupid things. It's the kind of thing I used to feel in high school and college a lot. I'm convinced that it has something to do with all the junk food, and having sugar withdrawals now, since it's been a while since I felt so socially inept. But perhaps I'm just operating on too little sleep.

I annotated my Facebook note about 2015, and added a new one about 2016. This highlights my goals for the upcoming year. I am excited, but also a little discouraged, to see that despite having lost so much weight I was still so far from my original goal. It's hard to accept that the original 10-month goal that I set for myself wasn't really realistic. But, one of the goals I set for 2016 was to love, respect, and take care of myself,  no matter what I look like (and no matter what the numbers are on the scale.)

I am dictating this into my phone, because I almost forgot to post a blog entry, and I didn't want to get up and go in the other room and use my laptop. Hooray for laziness! But, I will say, I did go for a long walk today and got all 10,000 steps in on the FitBit. And so, the streak begins anew.

Weight loss goal for this Whole50 is 9 pounds, to bring me down to 175. Side goals are exceeding 10k steps on the FitBit, continuing to run using 5K to 10K on my phone, and drinking more water, which I neglect too often.

That's all for tonight. Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment