Tuesday, February 16, 2016

I Can Almost Taste It. (Mostly50, Day 47)

This is a long week for a number of reasons.


  1. Next week, Panda and I are going to Disneyland. I'm super excited about this trip, which is a belated birthday and Christmas gift to him *and* will include 2 nights at the Grand Californian Hotel. We're both jazzed about that. It'll also be nice to get out of town and away from my computer for a few days and just focus on bumming around the parks, riding rides, and eating junk food which brings me to:
  2. Only a few days left of this Mostly50. I have been good about not adding any other non-compliant foods to the Whole30 model (just honey, but trust me it was necessary and it helped). Still, I very much wish I could have had pho and whiskey and all the other food remedies I usually turn to when I'm as sick as I was. There's still some lingering crud in my throat and voice, but nothing I can't work around. I was still able to speak on Saturday, which brings me to:
  3. We are supposed to hear back about casting on the Shakespeare season (Love's Labour's Lost, Julius Caesar, and The Three Musketeers) by the end of this week (the date of the 20th was thrown around but I don't know if that's *the* date or just the *latest possible* date. I'm antsy waiting, but there's not much I can do. I've done everything within my control and I just gotta hope they saw something they needed in me! The 20th will also be a full day:
  4. I have a film shoot scheduled for early on that day. A friend who does lots of short films has written a comedy and was kind enough to offer me a supporting part in it. I'm really excited to work with this band of people; I've seen a bunch of their shorts and they're really fun. Then, later in the day:
  5. My sweet friend Patrick has offered to make me this epic sandwich to celebrate my completion of the Mostly50. He used to be a sandwich artisan at Togo's, and the food he described was positively outrageous-sounding, so naturally between that and the fact that I haven't had a sandwich in well over a month makes me crave this sandwich like....like I don't know what. I am coveting this prospective sandwich right now, you guys. But I should also be ready for Champagne and refreshments because:
  6. Later in the evening of the 20th, after the film shoot, my friend Bruce's (feature) film is premiering in San Jose and we're going to get dressed up and go see it! It's a Browncoats fan film (and I LOVE Firefly) so I'm very excited about that. Bruce came to see me in The MoMologues and we'll be working together on The Diary of Anne Frank (I first met him working on A Christmas Carol this past year), and he is just the funniest and most supportive guy, and a good actor too. It'll be fun bragging to everyone that I knew him *before* he was famous/ won all the awards/ went nuts on Jimmy Fallon. Anyway, yay film premier! And then the next day we leave for Disneyland!!
So yeah. Long week. It's a "recovery week" according to my 5K to 10K app; yesterday's run was only 15 minutes and I think tomorrow's interval run is a total of 20 or something. Nothing impossible. I'll be taking a week off from running when I'm on vacation and I'm wondering if I shouldn't repeat the recovery week when I get back, and then move on to the more challenging stuff. I'll ask around.

Please, please let at least some of this extra weight have come off during these 50 days. It's been more challenging than some of the past programs. 

My brain and heart have also been a little all over the place and I don't know if it's hormones or food or being sick or what. I don't like it. I had a bad dream last night and went into the living room (where Panda was watching tv) and just had to curl up next to him for a few minutes to calm my head down.

On that note, I'm making an appointment to see a counselor. Probably when I return from Disneyland.

Come on, week...chug by just a little faster, please...

No comments:

Post a Comment