Sunday, February 7, 2016

Updates (Mostly50, Day 38)

Happy Sunday. And happy birthday to my sweet friends Anna and Julie.

The voice and throat (and nose and sinuses) are still presenting issues, but I'm dealing with them as best I can. After today's matinee, I'm considering going back on vocal rest for another 5 days. I'm just so tired of all this. I'm sick for 24 hours and have to deal with *weeks* of this bullshit.

All things considered, I am very happy with the work I did at the callback on Saturday. I had fun, I got to read with people I liked, and I feel confident about my performances. Competition is pretty steep for women (it usually is), but I have a good feeling about it. And even if I don't get cast, I'll know it wasn't because I had a bad callback. So that's a good feeling. Fingers crossed. Saturday I have callbacks for the other two shows, and then after another week I should hear about casting (they cast all 3 at once since they're semi-repertory). So. Cautiously hopeful.

I've gotten many compliments on my appearance (mostly about the weight loss) throughout the course of MoMologues performances, last night from someone who'd seen me as recently as Spelling Bee (which was only in September.) That is encouraging, although I do find myself having to stop my brain from panicking about gaining a thousand pounds whilst being sick. I suppose chronic, habitual pessimism doesn't die easily.

I haven't run in over a week. That, too, is causing me panic. :-( Tomorrow I will bring my running things to work so that I can start the last week over... I feel like if I could get back on track with something like that, it would calm me down so much.

Thinking happy thoughts. Happy thoughts. In twelve days I am eating a bourbonzola burger with garlic fries and having the biggest cocktail you ever saw.

Happy thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the birthday shoutout! Sending you lots of good thoughts for the casting!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete