Thursday, February 4, 2016

The First Amendment. (Mostly50, Day 35)

I've added honey to this Whole50. So technically it's not a Whole50 anymore. I'm still going to complete the 50 days sticking to all other facets of the plan, but I've added honey back in.

My voice went kaput. I need it back. Simple.

So right now I'm drinking tea with honey, sipping coconut water, taking capsules of vitamins C and E, dosing Mucinex every 12 hours, oh and I'm on vocal rest. Not speaking at all until my show tomorrow night.

I'm unhappy about not achieving 50 days of a Whole50. But I think this was a necessary amendment, and if I don't lose any weight in these 50 days that is ok. (It feels like it's not, but it is. It really is.) I need my voice back. I so rarely get hoarse that I forget how much I take my working voice for granted.

I haven't worn my FitBit in days. That, too, is bothering me. Tomorrow, even if I'm still not up to running, I will wear it and go for a long walk. I have this looming panic that I'll wake up on Day 51 and have gained everything back. It makes me want to cry, but I'm too exhausted and sick to even do that. Damn it.

On a nicer note, I was cast in The Diary of Anne Frank, which goes up as a semi-staged reading in April. Rehearsals begin next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment