Monday, February 1, 2016

Immune System Woes (Whole50, Day 32)

Happy February.

How in the crap is it already February? Yeesh.

So, it turns out eating meat and vegetables and fruit and drinking water and coffee and eschewing all your favorite treats doesn't quite keep you from getting sick, which I'll admit has made me disproportionately angry. It's one thing for me not to feel the magical sparkly "OH EM GEE, I feel so super *fabulous* today and my head is clear and I'm super awesome and I'm gonna grab the stars outta the sky, YAAAYY" like some buttholes on the Whole30 forums claim, but it didn't even boost my immune system enough to keep me from getting this nasty fucking headcold over the weekend?

I like to think that perhaps it *did* help, and that this would have been a horrible deathly virus that left me a rotting corpse otherwise. Because the idea that the Whole30 did *nothing* would be a real big disappointment.

Anyway, I was a snot factory at the show all weekend and I felt like walking death. No energy, sore muscles, awful congestion, dry throat, the works. I'm doing a little better today, although still boasting a very runny snuffly nose (and now it is chapped and red, OH HOW PRETTY.)

Needless to say I didn't run on Friday and I'm not planning on running today. I'm thinking I will take it easy this week, and on Friday I'll pick up last Friday's run and move on from there. I'll be a week behind, but it won't shift any of the days, and it'll give me a chance to focus on getting over the cold.

Some good news: I was called back for all three plays in the Shakespeare season I auditioned for, and will be reading for some really fun roles.

Some better news: The first callback, this Saturday, includes singing a Britney Spears song. If you had told 13-year-old me that I would be attending a callback for Shakespeare in the Park, for a play themed after a 1990s pop rock atmosphere, and singing "...Baby One More Time," I'm pretty sure teenage me would have died and gone to heaven.

I just hope my nose, throat, and face have improved by then. Cross your fingers for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment