Monday, May 18, 2015

Cleaning Up (Whole50, Day 0)

First off, I'm sorry, I couldn't find my tape measure anywhere so I'll just measure myself when I find it.

So this time I was smart (well...relatively smart, I suppose) and counted back the days from the next big event I'm attending (Comic-Con, then a friend's wedding) to make sure I would be ok facing a longer date set for the next whole eating phase. I should be finishing up Whole50 right before Preview Night of SDCC 2015. Which is good...since we're missing Drunksquerade this year for my friend's awesome wedding in the woods, I figure we can just have...tipsy preview night or something. I don't know, I'll think of a better name before we get down there.

Anyway, as with the previous Whole30, I'm doing a "Day 0" cleanup so my first weigh-in hopefully doesn't include the thousand pounds I gained while eating junk food during my days off.

And oh, the lovely junk food. Over those five restful days I polished off the last quarter-bottle of Jameson I had, I sipped a Bailey's on the rocks before bed a couple of nights, Jen and I had Santa Barbara burgers at The Habit (I don't know who invented those things but MAN ALIVE they are yummy), Panda and I had waayyyyy too much delicious Mexican food at El Burro (seriously...their chile rellenos are outstanding but I was so full I thought I might pass out. Definitely overdid it. Oh and the margarita I drank was also outstanding), what else...I had ice cream, I had a gorgonzola scramble with an English muffin, I had all sorts of delicious indulgent foods. It was nice.

And I gotta say, it's working for me having a few days off and a bunch of days on. I kind of get the cravings for junk food out of my system, get back on the wagon with an end date set, rinse and repeat. The weight loss is coming off much slower than I'd like, but I am seeing small improvements as time goes on, and that's certainly better than nothing. If nothing else (I've said this too many times) it certainly can't HURT to eat more vegetables and less refined sugar.

Tonight we move our rehearsals for Comedy of Errors to the park where we'll be performing, and I'm excited about that. But, I have to figure out an exercise schedule. Now that I have the FitBit to track my steps, I either need to find a way to walk about 10K steps (5 miles or so) every day, OR get my ass up early and go to the gym to lift weights and do the steps on the elliptical or treadmill. . . . does anyone know if the FitBit measures steps on the elliptical/ treadmill? That seems like it would be important.

Not much else to report. Finished my 25th book of 2015 and am officially halfway through with my reading challenge. Other than that...welps...let's get started on Whole50.

2 comments: