Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Minion-Speak (Whole50, Day 2)

One of the things I've noticed about the whole eating plan is you feel fine, good, normal, whatever, when you're on it and you only really notice you're feeling *better* when you go off it for a few days and feel like crap.

I guess that's fine, but all those weirdos on the Whole30 website ranting about boundless energy and feeling like a million bucks and (insert whatever ridiculous life improvement here) are erm...perhaps hyperbolizing. Just a tad.

Anyway I feel better today than I did 2 days ago, and I'm glad to be back on a clean eating plan where I know I'm not going to feel sick or overstuffed. Hopefully will lose some more weight too (please...), although exercising has been rough. I'm in rehearsal or workshops from now until ...forever from now so it's harder and harder to find an hour or so to go walking. I'm thinking of changing the goal on my FitBit to be 7500 or 5000 steps, but that would kind of defeat the object since I need to exercise MORE in order to lose more weight...I'm seriously considering next week going 5 days to the gym in the mornings and seeing how I feel. I'm considering it.

Nothing's set in stone yet.

Anyway we did a lot of clowning and fun transition work last night in the park (which is a really fun venue, by the way, even if I did get eaten alive by freaking mosquitoes.) We do a lot of vocal (non-verbal) "dialogue" during our clowning scenes and end up sounding like minions from Despicable Me.

And for those of us wearing headlamps when it gets dark, we kind of look like minions too (as confirmed by one of my castmates' 8-year-old daughter, our unofficial mascot for the production).

Goal for this week is to cook all groceries before they spoil. So far I'm good, AND I've remembered to bring my lunch every day. Although it's only Wednesday so I really shouldn't throw myself a parade *just* yet. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment