Monday, May 4, 2015

Comedy of Errors (Whole45, Day 37)

These last few days have gone by a little too quickly. But that's actually all right - I'm excited to begin rehearsals tonight for The Comedy of Errors. It's my first Shakespeare in the Park experience, and while it's not NYC or Stern Grove it's still a pretty cool feeling. The concept is loosely designed around Cirque du Soleil (I think...I'll know more tonight) and the cast is all female. I really like this idea a lot.

Tonight we have "digital presentations" (which I assume are done by the designers to show us the general concept and themes) and read thru. I like to go into rehearsals off-book...I'm not off-book yet for CoE, but I'm getting more and more comfortable with my lines and, now that we're beginning rehearsals, I'll be much more motivated to repeat and rehearse to get them by rote. Thankfully, my roles aren't gigantic (this is my first production with this particular company) so I don't have as many words to remember. And learning the director's preferred pronunciations on words like "Syracusians" will also help!

Have gone under 10K steps only 2 days since getting the Fitbit (and both of those times I still fulfilled the mini-exercise goal I outlined for myself). Have been walking a lot, jogging sometimes but not really motivated to run. At least not in public. I'm curious to know if the Fitbit measures "steps" if you're on a treadmill or elliptical machine and moving your arms. That would be helpful, because with the first of 4 back to back summer/ fall projects beginning tonight I won't have as much time for evening walks. Which means I'll likely have to get my ass up early and start going back to the gym in the mornings. Which sucks...but I want to lose the weight and be healthy more than I want to hit Snooze 3 times. Which is SAYING something because, as we've discussed, I flippin' LOVE sleep.

Still liking work a lot. This gig suits me. Today's Spotify radio station is based on "Schroeder's Greatest Hits," a classical piano album I've liked since childhood - it tags up a pretty wide variety of classical music - a moment ago was Copland's Rodeo Dances, and right now Beethoven's 7th is playing.

Anyway...back to work. Fingers crossed that the results come back awesome in...geez, fewer than 10 days now... !

No comments:

Post a Comment