Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Opportunities (4/30)

Today's lunch was leftover chicken and Brussels sprouts. It's one of my favorite dishes to cook, except that this time I messed something up with the vegetables-to-liquid ratio and the sprouts ended up a little mushy, not crispy on the outside like I really love. They were still delicious, though.

I have Kalua pig in the slow cooker for tonight's dinner. Panda and I are off from rehearsal, so it'll be a nice evening in. I've been feeling...off. Wonky. Occasionally achey or stiff. I don't know how much of that is the food and how much is the new schedule (I haven't been exercising outside like I was in Comedy of Errors, and I'm working a bunch of overtime at work to earn some extra money).

Some of it has to be this horrible heat. Even with blackout curtains and fans, it's just too hot. I hate the heat.

On a nicer note, I found this article via a friend's Facebook post today, and it made me really happy to see. This writer is articulate, engaging, and awesome. She is beautiful and has an attitude to match.

Not much else to report, I'm afraid. The last few days have been pretty routine. I do think I'm finally over the withdrawal from (...sugar? caffeine?), which is nice because that first day my head was in pieces. Hoping very much for my brain and body to start feeling a bit brighter and clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment