Friday, January 15, 2016

And How Woozy My Eyes (Whole50, Day 15)

I feel like I've been very busy lately, although truly it's been much calmer than it was at the end of last year. My energy levels are weird.

Honestly, I felt the best after the first day incorporating "fast runs" into my 5k to 10k training. It's torturous and really hard, and it took forever to calm my breathing down afterwards, and I was all sweaty and gross...but later than night my body felt heavy and tired (in a good way) so I was more inclined to fall asleep early and get some rest.

Today's just a 35-minute "steady run", so nothing too crazy. I will try and keep my pace around 11-minutes-per-mile. The last couple of days I've gone just under an 11-minute-mile average, which is good. I don't think I'll ever be lightning-fast, but that's a decent gauge for me to be working hard without blacking out from effort.

Again - I don't really feel smaller or less bloated on this Whole50, like I have on some programs. I have been trying different things to snack on, which may have something to do with it, but nothing crazy or in large amounts. Fingers crossed for a 9-lb loss at the end of this one.

Panda just celebrated his birthday! We went out to eat and were able to find decent enough healthy options (simple grilled salmon and green beans for me, steak and a potato for him) and he's having a night out with pizza and beer this weekend (I'll be drinking my usual ten gallons of iced tea and enjoying people's company.) ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment