Monday, January 4, 2016

Back to the Grind. (Whole50, Day 4)

Last night was a flop, step-wise. I didn't make it to 10K and it really bothered me, especially this early in the program. I considered starting over today or tomorrow and making this one a Whole45, but decided it wouldn't change much, label-wise, and it's more encouraging for me to continue doing what I'm doing, admit I stumbled a bit but not give up or modify my plans.

Getting up this morning was awful. First day back after a 3-day weekend, plus a late night before: Despite last night's walking failure, I had a great time out with my friend Bruce (a fellow Christmas Carol-er). We went to a screening of "Room," and then had some dinner and chatted afterward. When I got home, Panda and I watched a bunch of Howard Stern on YouTube and just laughed our asses off. Such a nice night, it was worth feeling sluggish today.

I ran the first workout of the 5K to 10K app today, and it was hard. Really hard. It was only a 20-minute steady run (the last few workouts of C25K were 30 minutes, and I ran the actual 5K in 38 minutes), but because I'd been resting for so many days I think my lungs forgot how to work while I was actually moving quickly.

But, I finished, sweated off half my makeup (oh, right, I wore makeup today - I'm making more of an effort to look like a grown-up at work...I need to buy some makeup wipes so I can remove/ reapply on running days) and got a bunch of steps in. I should be able to hit 10K before the end of the day just from walking around.

Back to work this morning. Wasn't too bad. Was actually expecting more craziness.

Back to rehearsal this evening. Off-book for act one. Cross your fingers I remember everything.

And we're back.

No comments:

Post a Comment