Friday, April 22, 2016

A Week From Yesterday (Whole50, Day 45)

In the wee hours of Thursday morning next week, we'll be setting off on our Ashland adventure! And I'll be free to indulge in junk food, whee..

We had an interesting night last night, to celebrate Jen's first anniversary of being free of breast cancer. We went to Hooters (her idea) because I mean...for a celebration involving healthy boobs you want to make sure you're celebrating BOOBS, right? It was super fun hanging out with people, and I had some grilled shrimp and iced tea.

For a moment I completely forgot I wasn't supposed to have sour cream. I scraped the cheese off my salad, loaded a celery stick with guacamole and sour cream, and raised it to my mouth before my brain-alarm went WAIT WAIT NO THAT'S NOT - NO, STOP!!! It was super weird. Usually I'm able to avoid non-Whole30 foods just out of habit. I guess I was on autopilot and almost made a big mistake, which is strange since it's been a month and a half. (And also...like...over a year of these things.) You'd think I'd be used to it by now. It jarred me for a moment. It was like some dreams I'd been having, where I'd eat half a bowl of ice cream before remembering ice cream was verboten.

Anyway.

Here's the poster for the movie we did! It premiers in San Jose on Thursday evening (I'll be in Ashland) and will be online afterwards. It's strange to see a picture of me facing straight forward and eye-level with the camera, since as an overweight person I usually avoid that. And you can see the shape of my face and neck and some things I'd still like to improve, but it's...not horrible.



Plus the important thing is the awesome dress and the fact that IT'S A MOVIE POSTER and we're so famous, you guys.

The shape of my face as seriously changed so much.

Shrewsbury Renaissance Faire, Summer/ Fall 2011
Backstage at Finian's Rainbow, February 2012
I told you there weren't many photos of me head-on. Heh.

Anyway, just a few more days until treats time. Which is good because today they had gourmet cupcakes AND donuts at my office. Seriously.

Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment