Sunday, April 17, 2016

Extreme Closeup (Whole50, Day 40)

Ten more days. Then it's vacation time, theater girls' road trip, and ALL THE JUNK FOOD for a couple of days plus the company of kickass women and some amazing theater in one of my favorite towns (Ashland.) I seriously cannot wait.

Yesterday I participated in my second 48 Hour Film Project, and had the fun of introducing my awesome friend Jen to the Project as well! This was my first year with Team Ovation Pictures, a group of friends who all went to San Jose State together and do theater and indie films and are generally all-around great, fun folks.

The genre we pulled (at the top of the Project all teams pull a choice of 2 genres out of a hat and have 48 hours to make a film in that genre containing three required elements, a prop, a line, and a named character) was Sci Fi. The required elements were a whole apple (prop), "That's just a myth" (line,) and Kirk or Kaia Nordenstrom, a carpenter (character). I'm really excited to see how our film came out (they're editing and submitting it today; we shot until a little after midnight last night and it was so fun!). I won't be able to see the official screening (because it'll be my first night in Ashland), but hopefully it gets nominated for some awards so I can go see it screened on Awards Night. ;-)

Jen getting ready to film her big moment at the DVD shelf

Me filming my big scene at the door (photo credit: Evelyn Huynh)

It was really weird wearing a sleeveless dress for a costume. I know this is a dumb thing to obsess over, but my arms have never been particularly sculpted and now that I've lost some weight they're a little...erm...yeah. But no one said anything mean (of course they didn't.)

Jen took this during my "eyeball" scene, haha
Unless you count Christian (the writer/ director/ team leader) framing an extreme closeup of my eyes and from behind the camera going "gee, I hope you don't get embarrassed when you see your whole face up on the big screen!" Heh. I replied "well now that you SAID THAT..." but without rancor. I wasn't upset. It really was a fun night.

Today I had lunch with Panda and our friend Jen (different from the Jen above). I had chicken and vegetables, which was delicious (even though I really REALLY wanted a panini, lol). They're seeing a play today and I'm (finally) seeing The Big Short with another friend of mine.

It's been a decent weekend so far. Remembering to breathe.

Always trying to remember to breathe.

2 comments:

  1. I was sneaky with that photo. I wanted to get some photos of you at work but my phone was in the other room and you phone was right there and since you don't need a pass code to get to the camera to take photos, I snuck a few on your phone.

    ReplyDelete