Thursday, April 7, 2016

Knowing My Limits (Whole50, Day 30)

If this was a Whole30 I'd be done today. Heh.

I'm not running this week. This was a choice I made, and I'm not entirely happy with it but I'm sticking with my decision. not only because Week 8 of thr 5K to 10K app is especially challenging, but because I'm in tech for The Diary of Anne Frank and my brain and body are...tired. And I'm not going to beat myself up about it, even though I know it's going to slow my weight loss down even more and I really don't like that.

Yesterday I took a mental health day from work. I don't do that very often (I love days off, but am constantly paranoid about being fired or laid off). I took some time to rest up, and then cleaned out my closet and dresser and purged four huge garbage bags full of clothes and shoes. A lot of stuff that was too big, and a lot more stuff I haven't worn in ages, if ever.

That felt good.

Food is still fine. Haven't had potatoes in a few days and I'm hoping that helps a little with getting some more weight off.

One of my new skirts is a black pencil skirt I'm wearing in Anne Frank. It's a real ass-hugger. I mentioned to my friend Esther (who plays Edith and is doing an amazing job) that I wasn't expecting my skirt to be so Sir Mix-A-Lot and she said it didn't look bad.

It's funny - a year ago all the comments about how my character (Margot) is too thin, doesn't eat enough, etc. would have been horribly nonsensical, even offensive. Now that I'm more average-sized it doesn't seem as weird, despite the fact that I'm still an average American woman and not a petite half-starved Dutch girl. I did a play called Weekend Comedy a few years ago, and there was a line about how my character was "probably a model" since she was "built like a brick shithouse" (said by another character, not mine.) They discreetly cut that line from our production. I wasn't offended, but it stung to know they had to make that change because of my appearance. Heh. At least we could pretend it was because of the word "shit."

Anyway, back to work. Final rehearsal for The Diary of Anne Frank is tonight, and then we perform and have audience talkbacks on Saturday and Sunday. Join us if you can - I think the production's going to be something truly special.

No comments:

Post a Comment