Monday, April 11, 2016

Tech Woes (Whole50, Day 34)

It seems like technology just hates me today.

My computer at work was running extremely slowly, and programs that I needed kept crashing or slugging.

Then this evening when I went for my 5K to 10K run (25 minutes), at a point close to the end (like maybe 10 minutes left), all the songs on my Spotify started cutting out after 5-10 seconds. Seriously, it'd play a tiny sample of the song and then go silent. It would look on the display like it was still playing, but no sound. I skipped to the next song, another few seconds would play, then silence. Skip, a few seconds of music, then silence.

Ten minutes doesn't sound like much but when you're running (and you've been running for a little while), and your music is being a bitch, it seems like a really long time.

THEN, during the "cooldown" period of the workout, I accidentally hit "pause." This is, like, a catastrophic error on my part because the program goes "Oh you hit pause? You must mean to erase everything you just logged, HERE LET ME HELP YOU WITH THAT" and everything on the display zeroed out. I panicked and whispered "fuck" many, many times (thankfully there weren't people walking or running on the road) and sent a few crazed Tweets to the app's parent company.

In the end, it turns out it *did* retain my run data, it just screwed up the "totals" for the whole workout which includes the warm-up, run, and cooldown.

If my shoddy GPS and temperamental app are to be believed, I ran 2.37 miles in 25 minutes, with an average running page of 10mins 38secs per mile. Since the goal for tonight was to run faster than 11 minutes per mile, I was pleased with this (and especially happy since it saved my data).

So! Week 8 of 5K to 10K training has officially begun. I'll be pleased in 2 weeks when the program is complete and I'm even more excited for this Whole50 to be finished so's I can have some snacky treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment