Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Colorful (Whole65, Day 19)

Perhaps I'm getting old, or maybe I've just been super busy. But it doesn't seem like it's been 19 days since I started this Whole65. Ah well.

I spent yesterday (Memorial Day, which I had off from work) cooking up a storm so I'd have lunches and dinners for the next week or so. It's going to be a busy stretch. Love's Labour's Lost opens in under 2 weeks and I'm really excited...I only wish it wasn't going to be so hot ._o On Sunday I got my hair chopped off to Victoria Beckham's 1990s-era bob, to look more Posh Spice as the Princess of France.

Crazy short!
And the day before that, a few friends and I ran The Color Run in San Jose! We had a really good time and it was more fun (and less stress) than I thought it would be. I ran (...well, jogged...) the entire course, and while I wasn't really fast I was still proud of myself for keeping a steady pace and finishing. 

Victory!

New medal :-)
They took some official race photos along the course, so I'll look online in a few days when they post them and see if any of them are worth ordering. After the Disneyland Paris trip in September, I'll have 4 medals (two Color Run 5Ks, the Disney 5K and the Disney Half). So, I should find a fun way to display them, maybe. :-) I found out my friend Jennifer (second from the right in the above group photo) will also be at the Disney races in Paris! I'm super excited to learn that.

I got lots of nice compliments from the photos I posted over the weekend, as well as the hair photos I posted today...and the below driver's license comparison:

Transformation Tuesday, indeed. Too bad I *still* didn't look in the right place haha
It'd been really nice getting positive feedback from folks on the weight loss. It helps motivate me to keep going, since there's still a long way to go and it's slowed down so much.

Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Man, I wish I was swimming and not at work today, haha

1 comment: