Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Milestone (Whole65, Day 5)

I spent my lunch break at the San Jose DMV. And while it wasn't exactly a walk in the park (...I mean... it's the DMV), it wasn't nearly as hellish as I thought it would be. It helped that I'd made an appointment and was able to explain what I needed right away.

I went in to change my weight on my license and get a new photo taken.

While this certainly isn't the weight I'm going to stay forever, it's enough of a change that I thought it was time to get my ID updated. I've been told (more than once) by folks checking my ID that I should get a new one, and believe me, I've wanted a replacement photo since the moment this one was taken (photos like this are the reason there's a stereotype about ID photos being so ugly. It's bad. I'll show you when I can line it up next to the new one.) It was less expensive than I thought it would be ($27, since I wasn't due for renewal or new registration), and all I needed to change was my weight and the photo.

I lowballed the weight a bit, as I'd done on my older license. It's the American way, after all. :-p

Food and exercise have been fine; I ran the 60 minutes and felt like a death pancake afterwards but was proud of myself for sticking to it. Yesterday began the final week of the 5K210K running program. It was only a 15-minute run, and the GPS on my phone fudged up and didn't give me an accurate read on how fast or far I went, but I logged it anyway. Tomorrow and Friday are the final two runs, and the following week begins the training program for the half marathon. Dun dun dunnnnnn.

Rehearsals for Love's Labour's Lost continue to move apace. Tonight's our last rehearsal at the Armory in San Jose (where the company's offices are located); tomorrow night we move to the park! I'm excited and overwhelmed and I really, really wish it wasn't already so warm. This summer's going to be another hot one, I can already tell.

The show's really fun. I hope people enjoy watching it; I'm having a great time in it. And I can't wait to get started on Julius Caesar in another few weeks.

Things are feeling much better mind-wise, in general. I really do think eating more vegetables helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment