Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Skirts and Shorts (Whole65, Day 13)

So...

The short film that Jen and I were both in, Stonewood, ended up winning Best Film at the San Jose 48-Hour Film Project! This means that we get to screen it again, in competition with other 48-Hour Films from all over the world, in March of next year. That festival is called Filmapalooza and (I think) it's in Savannah, Georgia. I am very excited - Jen and I agreed that if our movie won, we were absolutely attending this festival. Now all I need to know is the confirmed location and the exact dates, and I can book a hotel and plan a trip!

I also got another pleasant surprise that day (well, two really): I was nominated for Best Actress alongside a few other talented women, and I ended up winning! I didn't expect it (I really thought the chick that played the titular "Fantastagirl" had it in the bag), but I am really thankful and pleased. We also had a really favorable review written in Klaus at Gunpoint - The Film Journal: Christopher J. Garcia (who I met at the awards show) really liked the film and even likened my performance to that of Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween, which was pretty bitchin'. I'm a big fan of Jamie Lee. (I even forgive him for misspelling her name.) The second surprise was that I was given a special award as "Community Player" for all the retweeting and social media posting I did about the festival. I didn't know there was an award for that! So that was also really cool.

Also also: I got to wear my beautiful satin skirt that I bought in Ashland! And despite spending most of the day in it and consuming two meals while wearing it, I didn't spill anything on it! Hooray!!

with my friend Norman (who won Best Cinematography for his film, "Come See The Lights"!)

Not everyone from our team could be there (including our director, who won Best Director as well as Best Film), but Evelyn Huynh (our masterful AD) accepted the award and got some much-deserved applause. 

Kyle, Erik, Evelyn, me, and Jen - Filmapalooza here we come!
Last night our costume designer came by our rehearsal for Love's Labour's Lost and I tried on another dress for my character. It fits, and my cohorts said it looked nice (there was no full-length mirror in the room we were using) but it's very form-fitting and hugs all my rolls. I'm gonna need some heavy-duty shapewear for this production. O_O and a serious boost of confidence (or I just need to not give a F...I gotta get working on that.) Skirts are very very short in this production, so we're all a bit nervous about our appearances.

Anyway. 

.....we won Best Film! Huzzah! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment