Sunday, July 17, 2016

Birthday Joys (Whole65 Results)

Today I turned 32. I woke up early (eventually) and ran for four miles before coming back to weigh in, wash up, and measure.

The results were good. On the Whole65, even with the new more accurate scale with the higher numbers, I lost 19 pounds. Without adjusting the starting weight for the more accurate scale (because I don't know how), that puts me at 112 pounds lost so far.

I also lost inches all over, including:

Two inches from my waist
A half inch from my hips
A half inch from my thighs

So, I'm very happy with the results and I feel pretty good about the system and the running training so far. I'm still not very fast (or very skilled) but I'm glad that I get out there and do it. The other day I wore shorts, in public. I looked ridiculous but no one cared (no one ever cares how I look as much as I do, I know this). It feels good to be a little more confident about how I look. It feels like freedom.

My friend Jen gave me a present at our yummy diner breakfast this morning - a new Neil Gaiman, and a coloring book full of curse words. Jen's basically the greatest ever. She, her boyfriend, Panda, and I enjoyed an awesome breakfast at Flames (I had biscuits and gravy...drool).

Later on, Panda and I joined a bunch of my LLL cohorts at our September venue (Central Park San Mateo) and we had an impromptu picnic, caught up, gossiped about theatre and life, and ate and drank more yummy things. Maren, our ASM and my "twinsie," made me purple funfetti birthday cupcakes and I had way too many. We also had cider, and prosecco.

Returning home, Panda and I enjoyed some cake. He gifted me an ice cream cake from Baskin-Robbins, which was covered in the clown cones I used to love during my childhood.

Does anyone else remember these?

Happy birthday girl!
Tomorrow and Tuesday will also be treat days for food, then it's back on beginning Wednesday.

32 is starting off well. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment