Monday, April 27, 2015

To Boldly Go (Whole45, Day 30)

Tomorrow I'll be further into a Whole30 than I've ever been before. I only wish I were as adorable as Samwise Gamgee (or Sean Astin, a fine representation).
I also wish Elijah Wood was my walking buddy. That would kick ass.
Only 15 more days until the end of Whole45, weighing and measuring and a few days of treats. I'm not sure what comes after that. I'm considering adopting the Whole30/ Whole45 way of eating for another term but I'm not sure for how long. If the Whole45 results are not all that encouraging (say, 5 lbs or fewer) I'll likely pick back up on an Atkins eating plan, modified to be more about unprocessed whole foods. ...so I guess, it'd be like Whole30 except with dairy, and with fewer starchy vegetables and more low-glycemic fruits. Similar but not exactly the same. And I like the system of no treats for 30 (or 45) days, then a few days of treats and then back on track. It's way easier to account for, than "once in a while" treats where I have no idea when the last one was. And with my love of sugar and alcohol it's best if I avoid it for the majority of the time. ;-)

I don't know if there is one right answer, even for me. But man I wish I could figure it out. Not for everyone, I don't have to write a fitness book and make a zillion dollars selling my story or whatever...but just for myself. I'd love to be healthy and look normal and pleasant.

I've only had the FitBit 2 (and a half) days but so far I'm 100% on my daily steps goal. So that's something!


No comments:

Post a Comment