Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Prelude to An Actual Post (Whole75, Day 12)

Things are chugging along and I realize there's a million things I've intended to write about but simply haven't.

Maybe not a million. But a lot.

1. I have comparison shots I'd like to post from Vegas. Panda and I rode the gondolas on this last trip, and got our picture taken, and I remembered we'd done the same thing in 2011. I found the older photos, and I look different. Mainly in my face.

2. My weird hair is still weird, but somehow ...a little better than it was before. As stupid as this sounds, this is HUGE for me. I have the most pain in the ass frizzy can't-decide-if-it's-wavy-or-curly unruly hair in the land. And it's long, almost to my waist now, because I haven't had the inclination to go get it cut and styled. But after nine months (with a couple of cheat weeks here and there) of eating this way, while it's still crazy and messy, it actually looks ok without heat styling. Like, if I just wash it and let it air-dry, it'll go into this ringlet-looking thing that's actually kind of cool. Not polished or tidy at all, but not stuck-a-finger-in-a-light-socket crazy like it used to be. If I wash and blowdry it, it smooths out a bit and is wavy without being too kinky. The initial frizz, which used to be perpetual, calms down after about a day. Needless to say, I am glad of this.

3. Walking. I have a streak of 13 days over 10,000 steps on my FitBit. That has never happened. Ever. Today will be Day 14. I brought sneakers (and walking-appropriate clothing) to walk on my lunch break today. Yesterday I found a cool little path and had a nice walk listening to great music, but I went in my work flats and busted up my feet. Sneakers. Sneakers are my friend. I gotta get a spare pair to keep in the car! ...anyway I may actually succeed at hitting my steps goal for every day of this Whole75. Keep your fingers crossed for me. That's an accomplishment I would be extremely proud of.

4. Of all people, Pain Jane (the aesthetician I go to for waxing) noticed I had lost weight, and congratulated me on it. Oh! And I have to write about my initial encounter with her, years ago...we exchanged emails before we met, because I was terrified to go in for her services being as big as I was, and she is a fabulous, no-b.s. woman whom I really like and whose business I wholeheartedly recommend. A few other people have noticed, including a couple of coworkers, former castmates from the theater company, and the nice Sikh man who works at the gas station by my house. (Seriously...he's very quiet and doesn't speak much, but at one point when I was getting my change he said "you lose so much weight" in his beautiful accent, and it made me smile.)

What else.

I have my callback tonight for A Christmas Carol...I'm hoping to perform in the same company's production again. It's kind of funny, since I started this blog while I was in rehearsals for it the first time, last year. This year I convinced (read: peer pressured) my friend Jen into auditioning too! Yay!

Anyway. Consider this the trailer for upcoming, more in-depth entries when I have more time and workable brain cells (speaking of trailers I have to admit I am *very* excited for Star Wars Episode VII...December 18 can't come fast enough)

No comments:

Post a Comment