Thursday, October 1, 2015

The Good Thing About Work Being Crazy... (Whole40, Day 40)

...is that being crazy busy at work makes the day go quicker, and I don't think about pumpkin spice lattes and red wine and cherry cheesecake all day.

The bad thing about work being crazy is that work is crazy. Not a lot of time or energy for blogging, I'm sorry.

Yesterday the product team took a few of us from marketing to lunch at this awesome Thai restaurant. Thai is almost impossible to navigate on the Whole30, so I checked their menu online beforehand and figured I'd get a house salad with no dressing, and then eat from my snack drawer when I returned to my desk. But when we got there, they'd already ordered...family style...some of the most delicious and non-compliant foods that I really, REALLY wanted.

Thom ka (best soup EVER) is amazing. No idea if I spelled it right. But I have no idea if there are sugars or soy in it. Everything else is practically crusted with delicious peanuts. And of course there's soy sauce added to most of the liquids.

Pad Thai? Forget about it - I could eat it till doomsday. Peanut central.

And THAI ICED TEA. I'd forgotten how much I love Thai tea. I had plain iced tea which I like just fine, but that outstanding combination of sweetened condensed milk, coconut, and caffeine is just...well, it's just heaven.

I ate some onions and peppers and a few slivers of beef that I'd scraped the sauce from. It was kind of embarrassing, but whatever. I had food at my desk when I got back.

Goal for tomorrow is a landmark one. I'm hoping against hope.

And then Saturday morning I head out for Portland, and then Vegas.

Please, please, let me celebrate a victory on this trip...please...

Sigh. Ok. Back to crazy work.

No comments:

Post a Comment