Thursday, October 29, 2015

Sexy Pants (Whole75, Day 20)

Yesterday was kind of nice at work. I was in the break room refilling my coffee, and out of the blue a coworker asked how much weight I'd lost. She was supportive and happy for me when I said "90 lbs, so far!"

Then while passing between desks another coworker/ friend told me "you missed it when I said it before - you look a lot thinner, you look great!"

So that was nice. I posted on Facebook that I must have been wearing my sexy pants. It garnered a lot of attention...apparently sexy pants strike a chord with people. Heh.

And the sexy pants aren't snug, either! Maybe even before the end of the 75 I'll try on a size smaller and see how they feel.

Anyway it's Day 20 and I'm feeling fine, although my skin has been particularly troublesome lately. It may be the added stress from work, although I should point out that this stress is busy, and high-energy, and more annoying that anything (we're crunched for time and have too much to do), but it's not unhappy stress. I really like my job. Which is strange - typically in high stress positions I've had in the past (most notably customer service) I've just been miserable, and it's been my awesome (but also miserable in the job) coworkers that have gotten me through the day to day.

I still have awesome coworkers and we're still exhausted and stressed out. But ...I don't know. It's weird and wonderful to enjoy what I do. Especially at a "day job." Heh.

Oh and speaking of jobs, I was cast again in A Christmas Carol and will be rejoining the show in 2015. I'm playing literally all the same roles as last year, except one: no more Mrs. Cratchit. Instead I'll be playing The Ghost of Christmas Present, as well as the Collector, Mrs. Fezziwig, Dilber, and "voice one" (one of three narrators from the ensemble). While I'll miss playing Mrs. C (that was a bittersweet role for me, especially remembering my Grandma and my friend Mark who'd passed away), I am beyond jazzed about playing Present. It's a much cooler role than some people might think, and I *love* that the company occasionally has a woman play it. I'm still waiting to hear about other friends who've auditioned, so keep your fingers crossed for them!

On the FitBit front, the streak is alive and well at 21 days (today will be 22...can you believe that shiz???). I'm very hopeful that this will push things along a little faster. It would be so amazingly awesome to have lost 100 lbs before the end of the year.

My third Couch to 5K workout will be tomorrow (turns out you're not supposed to do them on consecutive days...whoops...no wonder my ass and thighs are so stiff and sore). But I continue to walk every day (and sometimes at night when I need additional steps) and I think it's doing me some good to get fresh air, as well as the cardio exercise and stamina training.

Speaking of which...time to slap on some sunscreen and set the timer (and put on my sneakers). It's almost time for my daily constitutional (adjusts lorgnette) don't you know.

1 comment: