Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Three By Five (Whole75, Day 3)

I'm on Day 3 of my Whole75 and feeling ok, and I'm proud to say I'm on a 5-day streak hitting at least 10,000 steps on the old pedometer. I know that's not as much as I *should* be doing for maximum weight loss, but it's more than I was doing before.

Having that 2-day head start from walking around in Vegas so much was massively helpful in motivating me to keep on walking, even on nights like last night when all I wanted to do was go to bed and freakin' sleep. (Have I mentioned I love sleep? I. LOVE. SLEEP.)

I've been getting up early this week to work some overtime, not only to catch up on work I didn't complete while I was in Vegas but also to keep up with the crazy amount of work that's happening. It's nice because it makes the days go a little faster, but it's seriously an insane time. Once this week is over I think we'll all be breathing a little easier.

I love my job. I do.

Anyway today I'm wearing clothes featuring about 20 safety pins, not just from the pulled seam on my trouser cuffs that I've been too lazy to fix but also on a big tack in the back so they don't fall down...they're about 4 sizes too big at this point. I've also pinned one side of my (wraparound) shirt to my bra, but the damn thing is still a bit too...erm...revealing now. My boobs and belly and shoulders don't fit as nicely into it as they used to. Even the new bras I got are starting to look a bit wobbly. If they can see me through till Christmas, I'll ask Santa for some new underwear money and hit Nordstrom's again for another fitting.

And this time I'll remember to wear pants.

I have some Vegas photos (including some comparison shots from my last trip several years ago)...I'll try to remember to post them tonight after my walk.

No issues getting buckled into the Big Apple Coaster in Las Vegas...oh man I seriously love that roller coaster. Panda and I had a great time riding it. We didn't visit the coasters on top of the stratosphere (he's not fond of heights so I'll wait till I have friends with me who want to partake), but someday I'll revisit those and get buckled in there, too.

Not much else to report, except Oh! I tried sardines yesterday. I actually liked them. They were the super tame kind (skinless and boneless in olive oil), but I'm going to work my way up to the more calcium-rich crunchy kind. Baby steps.

"The game is won by nickels and dimes." - Khoa, from my old Dungeons and Dragons group

No comments:

Post a Comment