Friday, March 13, 2015

Creativity is Key. (Whole30v2, Day 19)

Last night I made my usual chicken and Brussels sprouts. I really like that recipe and I'd make it every night if I had the time. Usually I buy the sprouts in bulk at the grocery store and have to toss most of the outer leaves/ stems for being wilty and gross, but this time I bought a pre-washed bag of them from Safeway, which was like a buck cheaper per pound than the bulk ones. Weird. Anyway these were really fresh and nice-looking, so I figured I'd try the recipe I saw for Brussels sprouts chips (like kale chips but using the outer leaves of the sprouts, which I would have otherwise tossed when I was prepping them for the chicken dish.)
Tossed with oil and salt, put on baking sheet, threw into 350F oven.
I left them in there a *little* too long so they got a bit browner than I'd like, but it turned out to be a nice tasty snack nonetheless! I got distracted watching "The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" and forgot to set the oven timer. I'm always happy to find new ways to make indulgent-tasting snacks that are still on-plan and won't mess up my results. For anyone on Atkins and not a Whole30, I highly recommend SugarFreeSheila.com for easy compliant recipes.

As for "Kimmy Schmidt," I've only seen one episode but I'm a bit charmed so far. We'll see if I climb on board the "OMG BEST SHOW EVAR" train all my friends are on, once I see a few more episodes. I'm a big fan of Tituss Burgess and Tina Fey. And they have a damn catchy theme song.

11 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment